Our VisionA better justice system for women
The NWJC’s vision is to achieve social justice and justice for women by driving systems change to reduce the stigmatisation of, and improve outcomes for, women affected by the Criminal Justice System.
Our MissionChampioning best practice and leading on policy
The NWJC seeks to become the ‘go-to’ group for expertise on policy and good practice for women affected by Criminal Justice System.
Our strategic aims include:
- Sustainably funded support services for women involved in, or at risk of being involved in the Criminal Justice System in every community, including access to a women’s centre.
- High quality, trauma-responsive, gender-specific specialist services that are evidence-based and continuously improving.
- Inclusive, anti-racist approaches that address individual and structural inequalities.
- Women-led services that reflect the priorities, needs and real lives of the women they serve.
Our CommitmentOur pledge to drive systems change
Through our activities, work streams and approach, the NWJC is committed to:
- Developing anti-oppressive and anti-racist practice and challenging racism and discrimination.
- Sharing best practice and information, collaboration, and using a strong collective voice through shared messaging.
- Bringing together the collective wisdom within the sector and harnessing this expertise to create positive change for women.
- Developing and testing a model of feminist leadership based on solidarity and ethical practice.
- Enabling lived experience leadership and ensuring that experts by experience are fully integrated into our work.
Our nineteen Organisational Partners are experts in delivering support to women affected by the Criminal Justice System.
Follow us on Twitter…
…for regular updates, insights and expert opinion on the issues affecting women involved in the Criminal Justice System
Our priority work streams
Find out more about the work we are prioritising in 2023.
Our nineteen partners are experts in delivering support to women affected by the Criminal Justice System.